The Childbirth education classes have been running since January 2013.
We have been midwives for over 10 years and are also employed by Orange Health service in the Women's & Infants Unit. This allows us to maintain our skills and remain up to date with hospital policies and procedures.
We also work alongside the private Obstetricians so are familiar with their practices.
- Normal mechanisms of labour & birth
- Peaceful & confident birthing as well as techniques on how to cope with normal labour & birth
- Pain relief options & possible interventions & unexpected outcomes
- Normal newborn behaviour, sleep & settling & adjusting to parenthood
All classes are held at the PHYZ X Pilates Studio in the Leahey's Arcade (above Essential Ingredient on Summer Street)
A mums & bubs postnatal debrief class is included and is held within the first few months after birth. It is an opportunity to debrief your birth story and also discuss topics such as exercise, sleep & settling and breastfeeding.
Weekly Group Classes
There are 5 weekly classes antenatally & 1 postnatal debrief class after the birth of your baby. The class session is on a Tuesday evening from 630pm and runs for approximately 1.5 hours.
- The group weekly session (all 6 sessions included) is $250/per couple (private health rebates available)
- The group classes contain only 4 couples for a more comfortable environment for optimal learning
Weekend group class
This is offered on demand
- The cost is $250/per couple (4 hour Saturday class & one postnatal class)
Private One on One Classes
The one on one classes are made available for those couples who find it difficult to attend the weekly sessions due to work commitments or living out of town.
- Held on a Saturday
- Cover the same topics as our group classes in a more intensive manner over a single class, approximately 4 hours in duration
- The cost is $400/per couple (private health rebate available)
For bookings or more information please email: email@example.com